Monday, December 28, 2020

My Days

 Monday morning.

Up at 6:30 to shower and dress, check emails and messages. Out the door at 7:50 to walk with my old friend, BD. 

First we exchange as many crossword puzzles cut from the newspaper as we have made progress on.  He fills in the Acrosses and I do Downs till we complete a puzzle or fill in what we can of the other's blanks or in a final move, we "Ask a Friend" named Mr. Google. I'm actually content with abandoning mostly finished puzzles for a new one, but BD wants all the answers filled in. If we finish a puzzle or get totally frustrated we start a new puzzle or two to keep things going.

We walk a circuit in our neighborhood of about 2 miles.  Occasionally we reverse or vary the route a bit but enjoy seeing several of our neighborhood dogs walking their masters and always pause to assess the birds at the pond in Capri II. Mallards, Moscovies, Little Blue Heron, Anhinga are the usual residents.  Others visit from time to time like the pair of Canada Geese we saw one morning. On the banks we may see Sand Hill Cranes, Ibis, Egrets. In the bushes might be Woodpeckers, or Red Winged Blackbirds. A flock of Bluebirds are scouting for territory after the successful nesting box was put up last year by the Audubon Society. Higher up we might see Red Shouldered Hawks and often a few Crows. There are lots of turtles in the pond and frogs live in the corner full of papyrus. 

I'm home now, having had morning coffee and a salad that would have been better had I made it into a smoothie. Tomorrow is another day.

How do your days go?  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Georgia, SO good to see you here again, And cryptic crosswords, that takes me back to when I was about 10 or so , a weekly radio magazine arrived in our mailbox, and my Mum had the most incredible generosity ever, she waited till I came home from school and let me fill in what I could. Then she would erase those answer4s and do it for herself, I still so enjoy those challenges.You will be such a blessing for your sister, so glad you are living close to each-other. Happy New Year wishes for safe days, continued good health, and a friend to do those cryptics with.XXX from NZ¸.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to do crosswords, and especially enjoyed the big ones on weekends. Now so many hints have to do with movies and popular figures that I have had to give up. I'd love to do a bit of walking and birding. Our area has fewer and fewer birds year by year.

    ReplyDelete