Saturday, January 2, 2021

More Birds


 


Here we can see the Anhinga with his wings outspread in the background: A pair of mallards in the water.  It was a quiet morning on Thursday.

Haven't been out for a walk yet. BD objects to rising early on weekends and holidays but will consider a walk at 11am or so.

Yesterday I made the meal traditional in Pennsylvania - Pork and Sauerkraut.  This is what I grew up with It sounds odd to other Americans, let alone those in other countries.  My neighbor from Wisconsin for instance wanted an explanation, for which there is none. 

I stopped asking for the Southern tradition of eating Black Eyed Peas and Greens to be explained long ago. 

Pork, Sauerkraut, Mashed Potatoes, and in the case of yesterday, I made Waldorf Salad. Apples in some form often accompanies the meal. 







No comments:

Post a Comment