After I got the mail today I decided that I needed to contact my Doctor's office. No, the mail didn't make me sick exactly, but I did receive a third letter from a Medicare Administrative Contractor requesting information. These letters are my fault, I neglected to show my new Medicare card to the people in my Doctor's office on a recent visit, and my number had changed by one character. So now Medicare is wondering if someone has picked up my old number and is using it to defraud the system.
It was good that I did call, I think that the problem is a step closer to being resolved now that the billing department is aware of what's happened on my end. The problem will likely result in a delay in their payment, so it behooves them to do something.
I also talked to the person in billing about how obtuse the instruction on the forms was and she suggested I write a letter to the editor of the local paper to help others who might run into the same problem. I opted instead to revive my blog on the local paper's Patch page and post my thoughts there. If you'd like to read it, it's here