Friday, December 27, 2013

Update on the Quilt Repair

I have done a little work on the vintage Double Wedding Ring quilt. I last blogged about it here. It took a while to finish the binding, but that's been done a while now.  I did some re-quilting here and there where the original thread had worn out.

The time had come, I thought, to work on a fabric hanging sleeve.  In my head it could work, but in practice it's being just this side of impossible. Maybe just impractical. When I googled a question about hanging a scalloped edged quilt the answer was to use wooden compression quilt hangers. I still think the thing will be wavy.

I guess I was concentrating pretty hard on getting the bias binding on so that it wouldn't be puckery, but instead it did end up a bit wavy. After all the fabric was new and the quilt is quite soft. Sigh.

Anyone in the quilting/blogging world have a suggestion?

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen a quilt with a scalloped border hung. You might check with a quilt museum for ideas. The only thing i can think of, is a short bit of sleeve at the top of each scallop.

    ReplyDelete