Saturday, January 18, 2014

I think it's finished :-)

Today I sewed the label/pocket to the back of the vintage quilt I've been working on from time to time since last spring. I made the label in the form of a pocket so that I could insert a brief synopsis of what I know of the quilt's history and the repairs I effected, and a couple pictures of the process.

As often happens, when a large project is finished, I feel a mixture of joy and sadness. It was a good project and I learned a lot. I met some nice people along the way

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

Lovely idea to include the extra details, when I finish something, it is usually with a huge sigh of relief that it is actually all done!!! You are a real trooper to have done this. Greetings from Jean

Georgia said...

Thanks Jean, I got the idea from a blog I read about restoring quilts.

Anonymous said...

Dear Georgia,

Thank you so much for so beautifully restoring grandma's quilt.

I will cherish it for years to come and pass it on to my nephew.

Thank you so much,

Bob

Georgia said...

Thanks for the challenge, Bob. It was a great project. Something I'll remember.