Sunday, December 27, 2020

Where have I been? I wonder.

On a whim I was looking up some old friends in the Blog World.  Some old faithfuls are still here.  Nice to see. 

But, where have I been?  

My last post was from the end of my last visit to Japan 4 1/2 years  ago. Here in Florida I have been living in a condo since then.  A little has changed, I'm 4 years older (as are we all).  I've made some new friends for which I'm grateful and what's more, I have managed to hang on to a few old ones. 

I am officially retired. On Social Security and all that. Still driving a car. No major illnesses or accidents. Exercising 5 or 6 days a week. Still looking at dropping a few pounds. Toying with Veganism due to reported health benefits. I still think of myself as someone who sews and if I don't actually sit down to the machine soon I may be declared retired there as well.

My sister has recently purchased a condo more or less across the street from me. Her husband died at the end of March and her vision has declined dramatically due to severe glaucoma. So I have been working with her to settle in and get up to speed with the things she needs to do. 

Leave me a comment if you have the time and the inclination. 

   

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you back. Be glad you don't have to take the "senior" driving test here in Japan. It is more about getting rid of senior drivers than checking their driving skills.

    ReplyDelete