Wednesday, October 9, 2013

October 9, 2012

All good things must come to an end, someone said.  That was the case one year ago today. It was up early to catch a train to Gatwick Airport and then the flight home to Florida. It was great to see the face of a friend waiting to pick up my stuff and drive me home. My adventure was coming to an end.

It's taken the better part of that year to rest up and readjust to life in America. I finally can see progress toward acclimating to retirement and the pursuit of new ideas and enjoyment of familiar pleasures.

Thanks for accompanying me on this two weeks of remembrance. Even though the pictures have been in a Picasa album for most of the past year, I never felt I had done them justice.  It has been fun looking at them again and choosing which ones to put in each post. It has been especially good to remember all of the people involved and their willingness to not only put me up, but put up with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment