Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Same Four Eyes

Had an appointment to have an eye exam first thing this morning.  I hadn't had one since 2007 and hadn't had new glasses made since 2006. I thought surely I would be getting a new prescription; not so. The reason for my tired eyes is just deteriorating muscle tone. The feeling that I can't see things as clearly as I once did is due to the beginning of cataracts. Boo.

The good news is that my retina and macula are in good shape and for that I am grateful. My doctor does a very thorough exam and I am just waiting now for the medication that dilates the pupils to wear off before going to the sewing room - it's quite bright there most days. I will need to restrict my sewing activities to daytime till I get my Daylight Lamp back I think.

4 comments:

  1. i too have an eye test soon, and am sure I need to have upgrades all round, reading, distance,
    and computer ones. Hope your new lenses are what the Dr ordered!! Cheers from Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to hear that since I have central serous on my retina. I'm glad for you!

    Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jean!
    Sandra, I don't know what that is or what it means for your future vision, but pray that there will be a treatment for you.

    ReplyDelete